Why Work with Advance Title?
With over 18 years of experience and more than 49,000 closings, Advance Title & Abstract Inc. provides purchasers, sellers, refinancers, real estate agents and loan officers with the most knowledgeable, capable and courteous service in the Hampton Roads real estate industry. We provide settlement/escrow services with the industry’s leading professionals for purchase, refinance, seller, short sale and reverse mortgage transactions.
Advance Title & Abstract is a single source for all services and products needed to complete the homeownership dream. Since the title abstract process and the acquisition of title insurance is an integral part of buying or selling a home, we formed an underwriting relationship with Stewart Title Guaranty. Stewart Title has over 117 years of title expertise across the industry and around the world for all transaction types and is recognized for their strength and stability.
We offer leading edge technology systems that provide a superior ability to communicate, streamline and speed your closing processes. If an attorney is needed, we will work directly with your attorney to provide any assistance needed to close on time. We act as a single point of contact to bring the real estate agents, mortgage company, buyers, sellers and other service provides together to simplify your closing.
Tips for Selling Agents
Selling agent to provide Advance Title with:
- A copy of the sales contract and all addenda;
- Copy of multiple listing printout;
- Name and phone number of loan officer;
- Name and phone number of listing agent;
- Name and phone number of purchaser(s);
- Marital status of purchasers;
- Termite report, if to be obtained by purchaser;
- Advise if a power of attorney will be needed for settlement;
If you are the buyer, be sure to bring the following to closing:
- A current government issued photo ID such as a passport, driver’s license or military ID card.
- A certified or cashier’s check, made payable to Advance Title & Abstract, for the amount specified by Advance Title. This amount usually includes the balance of your down payment, closing costs and attorney fees.
- Your social security number for 1099 reporting;
- House keys to all doors and garage door openers, if applicable;
In the weeks following closing, the buyer will receive the original deed that has been recorded and their owner’s title insurance policy, if purchased, paid for at closing, from Advance Title & Abstract, Inc.